St. Sarkis Armenian Apostolic Church
19300 Ford Road, Dearborn MI 48128-1473
Procedures and Policies to follow for a Marriage Ceremony
or Click Here for Print Application
1. Secure a date for your marriage at least six months in advance. Print from the web or request an application form by calling the church office, 313-336-6200, Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Return of the completed and signed application secures the date and time you have requested, so please be prompt in returning the completed form. If there are any questions you cannot answer at this time, leave the space blank; you can call the church office with the information at a later date.
2. The time you have chosen for your wedding ceremony may have to be changed if another wedding is scheduled for the same day--if there is still time to make the change. No changes will be made without your knowledge and approval.
3. In fairness to your guests and the church staff, the wedding ceremony must begin promptly at the time you have scheduled with the church. Please keep this in mind when choosing the time of your service.
4. Two consultation sessions are required with the Pastor to fulfill the Prelacy requirements for couples. Prior to the wedding date as early as possible, make an appointment through the church office for your first consultation.
5. You are responsible to obtain your wedding license from the County Clerk’s Office. The entire license, as you receive it, should be brought to the church office not later than 3 days prior to the marriage ceremony, or on the day of the rehearsal.
6. A wedding rehearsal must be scheduled 1 to 2 days prior to the wedding day. The marriage license, obtained from the appropriate government agency, must be presented to the Pastor at the rehearsal. Time and day are scheduled through the Church office.
7. The future bride and groom are required to take Communion during Church services on the Sunday prior to the wedding date.
Fees for the wedding service(Prelacy Certificate & Church) must be paid to the Church office 1 (one) week prior to the scheduled date in person or by mail. Checks should be made out to “St. Sarkis Armenian Apostolic Church”.
*Note: Both the bride and the groom must be good standing dues paying members of St. Sarkis Armenian Apostolic Church.
Wedding services must have a Deacon (Sargavak) and an Organist to assist the Pastor. A Soloist and/or Choir are optional. Fees are directly made to these individuals after the service is performed. The Church Office will assist you with this procedure.
It is an Armenian custom that an honorarium for the Pastor is made after the service. This honorarium can be made directly to the Pastor after the service is performed.
St. Sarkis Armenian Apostolic Church Fellowship Hall can accommodate up to 250 people. Please call the Church office for rental and available services information.
Please Note the following:
You will have access to the church building one (1) hour prior to your service and for one (1) hour following your service. Please let your florist and your photographer know the time frame allowed.
The church does not have runners for the center aisle; they are available from your florist and should be attached when the flowers/pew bows are being placed in the church. There are 18 pews on each side of the center aisle and you will need a 75-foot runner.
Two rooms will be available for the bridal party one for the ladies and a second for the gentlemen. These rooms can be used for dressing or to rest with the only condition to hand the room back in the same condition that you got it in.
Flower paddles are allowed only if there is a runner and the paddles are thrown on the runner. NO RICE, BIRDSEED OR CONFETTI OF ANY TYPE is allowed either inside or outside of the church building. Balloons, bubbles and birds are allowed--outside the church building.
ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed in the church narthex (entrance) or in the church proper.
If you have any question, please contact the church office at 313-336-6200.